These pH & alkalinity water test indicator strips are perfect to see to check the pH & alkalinity of your drinking & tap & bottled water.
Testing the pH of water is important:
- Very low or very high pH can be an indicator of problems with water quality.
- This is especially the case for private water supplies. If the pH is too high, then the disinfectant can not work properly. If a pH is too low, then water can be corrosive for metal parts, ie, lead from lead pipes can leach into water or metal parts can be damaged.
- Tap water should have a pH of 6.5 to 9.5. Pure water should have a pH of approx 7.
A single test strip has been designed with two separate test pads: one for pH and the other for Total Alkalinity measurements. This test is also an alternative to wet chemical tests since it gives reproducible results for each test separately.
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Fast and accurate results
- Test strips are stored in a plastic container to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water
- Accurate test results for each element are achieved less than one minute
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, as well as rainwater
Content: 50 strips
Sensitivity: pH: 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 11.0
Total Alkalinity: 0, 40, 80, 120, 180, 240, 720 ppm (mg/l)